Director: Sam Thompson
Youth service is one of Rotary's five areas of service. The Rotary Club of Edina is involved in many activities and programs to connect with and assist the community's youth, including:
- Andy & Elmer's Apple Dumpling Adventure Literacy Program - this program was developed by the Rotary Club of Fairborn, Ohio and TokoBooks. It is centered around a children’s picture book designed to promote the “Four-Way Test.” It has been adopted as an annual literacy project by many clubs throughout the United States. This past school year, Edina Rotarians read and gave copies of the paperback book to all third-graders at four elementary schools in the Edina School District. Rotarians also served freshly baked apple dumplings, baked on site with support from school district kitchen staff.
- Camp Enterprise - An extensive three-day camp offering students the opportunity to participate in leadership activities focusing on the Free Enterprise System. This project is spearheaded jointly by the Edina Morningside Rotary Club (EMRC) and the Rotary Club of Edina. Camp Enterprise will be held Oct. 27–29, 2016.
Committee chair for 2016 Camp E: Peter Kelley of EMRC
Camp Enterprise information: campenterprise@EdinaRotary.org
- New! Interact - A new service club for young people ages 12 to 18 was chartered at Edina High School in 2015–2016. The Interact Club of Edina is co-sponsored by the Rotary Club of Edina and EMRC.
Committee chairs: Josh Sprague and Sam Thompson
- Leadership Ethics Seminar (formerly Do The Right Thing) - A one-day seminar for Edina High School students focused on ethics, started by longtime Rotary Club of Edina member Jerry Potter.
Committee chair: Joe Hayes
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) - A training program for young people that emphasizes leadership, citizenship and personal growth.
Committee chair: Leann Stessman
- Scholarships to Edina High School students - each year, our club donates funds to the Edina Education Fund to provide scholarships to two deserving students from Edina High School.
Committee chair: Mike Opitz
- STRIVE (Students Taking a Renewed Interest in the Value of Education) - A mentoring program for students at Edina High School with an emphasis on preparing for post-graduation opportunities and responsibilities while working to improve grade-point average. The program's goal is to motivate interested students to discover their own strength and talents so as to increase their personal and academic achievement. Incentives are offered through scholarships for the students for their post-graduate experience.
- Student Guests - During the school year, high school students are invited monthly to attend a club meeting to introduce themselves and tell Rotarians a little bit about themselves and their plans for the future.
Committee chair: Steve Buettner
- Youth Exchange - A study-abroad opportunity for young people who spend anywhere from a few weeks to a full year as an international student. Our club along with EMRC hosts incoming exchange students and sends students from Edina ages 15-19 to other parts of the world.
Youth Exchange Officer for 2015–2016: Jenn Glass, EMRC